Dancing to Connect
Dancing to Connect℠ (DtC), an award-winning initiative, engages youth in creativity and team-building through the art form of modern dance. Students of all abilities work under the guidance of Battery Dance Company’s teaching artists, who are also world-class performers, creating and performing choreography of their own devising. DtC workshops open doors for teens as they transition into the leaders and engaged citizens of tomorrow.
The term Dancing to Connectwas coined to refer to the leitmotif of the project, which makes connections between:
· Professional dancers and high school students
· Spheres of education and culture
· Secondary schools of all types
· Natives and immigrants
· Students of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
· Communities in conflict
· Boys and girls
· Student mentors with younger students
· Cultures and languages of the host country and the U.S.
|METHODOLOGY||EVALUATION / IMPACT||HISTORY|